Me and Solat Dhuha..

I once confided to my son that our life is not as before, when I was working in my previous company. I was earning quite a high pay, even though quite far from home but I still have my Sundays off, local holidays off, working hours from 8.30am to 5.30pm fixed. We used to have shopping days, eating out, movies, bowling & lots of spending money moments.

Turn of events in our family life left me without a job for more than a year, racking credit card debts, outstanding payment on my loans, doing odd jobs just trying to have enough to feed the family. Finally when I got a job, the pay is more than half less than previous, everything is so tight till I had to turn for help from my mother and other family members. Just imagine, a mother.. turning to her own mother for financial assistance, whereas I am supposed to be the one providing for my mother.. I was desperate, down & depressed .. not knowing where to turn to.

My son's answer was simple.. Ma, why don't you perform Solah Dhuha. InsyaAllah, Allah Al-Mighty will assist you.

I was stunned. How can that be a solution? Mind you, not to say I am not a believer, only my knowledge of my own religion is limited and I am still learning. So, I went to my online reference - in search of how to perform this solah and I found this.. which I will share with you.




I took up another reference, a book that was given to me a long time ago, but I have never had the time to look at it.. Perhaps at the time I feel I do not need it.

The book detailed to me on how to perform this solah, when to do this solah, what surah to read while performing this solah. After the niat, to read Al Fatihah and As Syams in the 1st rakaat and Ad Dhuha after Al Fatihah in the 2nd rakaat.

Again my limited knowledge hinders me.. I'm not even well versed in these surah. What if my sentences were wrong??

Allah s.w.t is Great. There is always another solution. Our beloved Prophet Muhammad s.a.w had said in his Hadis as told by (Saidina) Anas r.a, whoever perform the Solah Dhuha reading Ayatul Kursi 10x after Al Fatihah on the 1st rakaat and Qul Huwallahu Ahad 10x after Al Fatihah on the 2nd rakaat, he will receive acceptance from Allah s.w.t.

That I can do. Even though it took longer than the simple 2 surah, I have more confidence in these 2. And so I tried.




Previously, I had applied for financial assistance for my son's study and I had wrongly chosen his course. As such, it was rejected & I had to reapply. The process was so long that I had to use up whatever I earn for my son's monthly expenses for a few month. Alhamdulillah, the day that I 1st perform this solah, the long awaited financial help finally was credited to the account. On the same day, while driving back from work, my aunty called asking me to drop by to her house to collect payment for my previous work.

ALHAMDULILLAH ..

My son was right. Allah s.w.t will never fail to assist those who ask from him. For He is Al-Razzaq.. The Provider.


No comments:

Post a Comment