New semester is here!!

Hello again...

Yup. New semester has started. I've collected my module on the 10th September 2011 accompanied by my BFF Naga. (Long time since I had a personal driver .. he he!) This time I must ensure that I do not defer and try my best to get listed for DL again. Timetable is not up yet but my classes for this semester will be on Saturdays. 

Even though the classes have yet to start, mid term examinations will be on the 13th & 14th November 2011. Fortunately for me, only 2 of my subjects requires me to sit for them and one has assignment. Usually, the assignment dateline will be about the same time as well.

The subjects I'm taking this semester are:
1) English Across Time And Space - I am to read David Crystal's Second Edition of The English Language: A guided tour of the language and English as a Global language.




2) Critical Reading - I am to read Janet Elder's Second Edition of Exercise Your College Reading Skills.


3) English Grammar - I am to read Towards Better English Grammar published by Oxford Fajar. 


Since I'm studying using a blended approach i.e 90% on own, 10% in class, I am required to read certain number of chapters each week based on the study guide given. Mind you, this approach of study is just like self-study where you need to really discipline yourself, manage your time to put in the hours of study. No one is there to put pressure on you except yourself. And after 4 months break, you can imagine how I procrastinated. But I managed 1 chapter each from the 1st 2 books and now in the midst of the Grammar book, keeping Reading Skills book for last as it is really really really thick!

So you might think, Hey! If you have time to write this blog, you would have time to read right?.. He he he.. Guilty as charged. Well, I'd better get back to it now.

One problem though... I just broke my chair!! (Excuses.. excuses)

2 scenarios here: Either this chair has really seen its day or I'VE GAIN MORE WEIGHT!! :'(

Hrrummph..anyone got a chair to spare???? Got to go. Ciou!

No comments:

Post a Comment