Extraordinary Fun!!!

Good bright and shining morning bloggies!

It was a fun-tastic day today. Took break from work to accompany my daughter to her school carnival. As I sat here I realized, I have not been at a school PTA carnival that was so organised, exciting, plenty of things to do and food to eat. Sitting at the canteen, watching the children and their parents going around, enjoying themselves made me miss my eldest son. He would have enjoyed these kinds of carnival but every time his former school arranged a PTA carnival, normally it feels like it was done half heartedly, no excitement and poor participation from vendors. It feels more like teachers having a profit making day because almost all the teachers will have a booth of sorts, including selling high-priced tasteless food and drinks. But here, I know, if he was here he would have enjoyed this carnival so much. My daughter is lucky.

As I step in to my daughter's carnival, the feeling was very different. The event is from 8am-5pm and at 8.15am when we arrived, majority of the stalls are opened, food abundance and had my fill of breakfast with the second best tasting Singapore Fried Bee-hoon I've ever tasted. (Mom's no 1). The food here are crazy, mouth-watering, finger-licking, enticing, diet-busting, mind-blowing temptations. My jaws dropped seeing a plate of warm melted chocolate-coated marshmallow sticks placed on the table by a student in front of me, each bite so juicy and chocolatey, such a tempting sight only to be reminded by my stinging tooth that is crying for me to go to the dentist.

As I typed my journal, the entertainment section came on with a beautiful presentation of Ngajat fusion, a Sarawak cultural dance by the students and some students singing latest popular song. I understand that there will be some local artiste including the popular nasyid group Hijjaz. Stalls, other than food includes, publisher of Ana Muslim, a popular Islamic girls magazine (which I hope to cultivate my daughter's interest in it rather than boys version such as Upin & Ipin and Ben 10), pony riding with 3 beautiful brown ponies!!, a huge inflatable castle of bouncing fun, a mini go-cycle track that looks like go-kart but you'll be cycling with paddles about the same level as your body and rows of booths of carnival funfair-like games that reminds me of my late stepmother and how she enjoys the fun fairs.

I wished I could post photos of the carnival but unfortunately the camera button on my hand phone is out of order (giving me one more good reason to buy a new hand phone). So I hope that my journal is descriptive enough for you dear bloggers to imagine. Meanwhile, work is calling! Take care and see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment