Critical Writing...

Hola Bloggies!

Today is Mid Exam Day!!! Was I ready for it??? HELL NO!!

Everything was in a mess the whole week. The more I reminded myself that exam is coming up, the more other things crop up till I couldn't find the time to even look at the schedule, what more doing revision. Everything else needed my immediate attention. Work pressing. Heart caring. Health warning. Overall, stressful week.

But things turned worse and out of hand yesterday, I feel like walking out and just leave everything. I started my day at 6am, was scheduled for work at 9am. My lines are one after another page, like close to 70% of the script and have been that way for the last 2 days. The translated script were like &$#@!!! I have to amend and add almost every line for every character until I almost blow up at the technician. Not to mention my own weakness and a new technician. Finally, it took me 2 1/2 hours to complete 1 episode.

Looking at my watch, I know I could not complete the other episode in time so I left to pick up my daughter. Coming back, the Madam was still dubbing and she was fussing about a word I used. The problem is that word was an issue before, and when I used the corrected word, she claims that it was out of context and keep blaming me because since I have used that word, she used it as well and we had to re-dub the lines. Not enough with the fussing, Madam went on to make some harsh remarks which was intended to me to some other dubbers when I was still there!! I was trying so hard to keep cool and left without even dubbing when it's time to collect my daughter back from school as she was still stuck in the studio.

Went back, had early dinner, I planned to go back to studio after Maghrib prayers. My mistake, while waiting for the Azan, I lie awhile & stretched myself... Next thing I know, it was almost 1 am. No calls received as my handphone battery went dead. Rushed out from the house only to realize that I have left my bag with fresh change of clothes and pencil case behind. Went to the studio, fearing the wrath of Madam as she might tried to call me. Charged the phone and was surprised that nobody called!!! Wow! That's a first. Usually Madam will call or send a message if she wants me at the studio but couldn't get me or if I haven't finish. I kept quiet, spent another 3 hours on dubbing of 1 episode, ending at 4 am.

Once I finished, Madam told me that I have to help her with urgent translation. The key word here is HAVE TO! Ha ha ha! No wonder there were no calls or nasty remarks about my disappearing act! Hah! Turn a sweet face when you want something right??? Blah!

Anyway, I went back to my mom's place, did my revision while doing laundry. My mom... my angel... my idol, its her utmost happiness when I told her that I am studying again, so nicely made me breakfast :) I take it as her showing her support for me taking exam today.

Finished hanging laundry at 8.15 am. Stop by at Petronas looking for 2B pencil. NO PENCIL! Looked at the time then, oh no! Time to FLY to P.J for exam at 9 am. Luckily, Rosma was my savior for the day. She borrowed me her pencil. I felt like in primary school again. Ha ha ha!

So now, I am waiting for another paper. Writing this as part of my Critical Writing subject. I pushed away work aside for now because at this moment... I AM A STUDENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment