Movie Time!!!

I was a big fan of movies till I was tied down in a certain institution whereby whenever I feel like going for a movie, I will have to consider others. Obviously, financial wise will be on me and cost of going for a movie tripled. So I stopped going.

But now, I feel that going for movies is the only time I break free from my crazy daily schedule and no point catching it on DVDs because I would not have time otherwise to watch it. So, I have been succumbing to my daughter's wishes to each time she mentions movie. And this month, we set a new record of the most movie time in the month.

It started with Rango, a household pet goes on an adventure to find true self. Starring the voice of Johnny Depp, Rango is a lizard. Funny character who was accidently tossed out from his human car and end up in a desert.

Next, we went to a local production, KRU Motion Pictures, a historical movie called Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa. According to Wiki, HMM is an ancient Malay literature that chronicles the bloodline of Merong Mahawangsa and the foundation of Kedah, a state in Malaysia. This epic action adventure is directed by Yusry A. Halim. Although there is quite an improvement in Yusry's CGI work, certain scenes could be better especially the war scenes looks empty.

And whoever wrote the script should have done more research on the language used in the film. I highly doubt that the word "TUDUNG SAJI" was used during Merong Mahawangsa times.

Lots of talk with regards to the way Merong talks, but if we consider that he has been away and not speaking in Malay for a long time, to me it was understandable. Nevertheless, the Nanny character was hilarious and I commend her for her acting.

Then we went to see Sucker Punch. Well, actually my daughter wanted to see Mars Needs Mom but the show is airing a bit too late that night so I decided to watch Sucker Punch instead.

Sucker Punch is an action epic fantasy that takes us into the vivid imagination of a young girl, Baby Doll, whose dream world provides the ultimate escape from her darker reality. She has been locked in an asylum against her will by her step father who was after her and her sister's inheritance. Although locked in, she did not lose her will to survive.

Lots of action, sexy girls fight scenes in her attempt to free herself and fellow inmates. But at the end, she gave up her chance of being free to free her comrade, Sweet Pea. No regrets there. After the lack of action in Merong, Sucker Punch gave me my adrenalin boost. But I just can't get over the whiteness of Baby Doll.

And today, we have just came back from watching Mars Needs Moms. It's on 3D and we had fun trying to catch small items that was "thrown out" from the screen. The cinema was practically empty, just me & my daughter and another family of 5.

Nine year old Milo finds out how much he needed his mom after she was nabbed by Martians who planned to steal her mom-ness for their own young.

Overall, it was good and my daughter just cemented the fact that there is no living without me being around. She actually clung on to me till we got home, even holding my hand while I drove.

The ending showed scenes from the making and it was interesting how similar the character to the actual actor / actress and how cute the "monkey dance".

I can foresee many more movie dates with my daughter from on as Hop, Kung Fu Panda2, Paul, Never Say Never - JB, Red Riding Hood as well as local movies like Karak and Cun are coming up soon.

Till then bloggers.... Ciou!










No comments:

Post a Comment