Movie again!!


Ok.. you guys might think I'm crazy. Ankle still swollen but still going to movies. Last Sunday, I fulfilled my promise to my housemate to take her out for movie and we went to see Ombak Rindu. We have been waiting to see this movie since it came out on the 1st December 2011. All reviews say its sad, need to prepare tissue bla bla bla... unfortunately for me, it is not that sad. No tears shed. Maybe because I've read the book the night before and the movie was not up to my expectations.

So here it goes, in the movie Izzah (Maya Karin) is an innocent orphaned kampung  girl who teaches Koranic verses to children in that kampung. She was sold to a brothel by her lecherous uncle Pak Taha under the pretext that the family needed money for the Aunt's surgery. She tried to run and bumped into Harriz, pleading for help. Unknown to her, Harriz (Aaron Aziz) a wealthy playboy became her 1st customer thus had taken her virginity. Izzah begs him to marry her as a way out of prostitution. She was even willing to waive off whatever responsibility he has as a husband towards her. Harriz agrees with the intention of making her a kept woman.

But throughout the whole time Izzah did not lack in performing her duties as a wife. And in time, Harriz falls head over heels with Izzah. He tried to talk his childhood fiancée out of marriage. But Mila (Lisa Surihani), a well known actress, a force to be reckoned with determined to win him back, at all costs. Unknown by Harriz, Mila or Harriz's mother, Harriz is actually the driver's son. The driver, Pak Dollah and his wife, Mak Jah, have been keeping an eye on Harriz since small and teach him religious teachings, were at first angry with Harriz and Izzah, thinking that they are cohabiting against the law. But were relieved when Harriz admitted to them that they were already married.


The thing is this story has its second part. But none of it's connections were shown in this movie so I wonder whether they will run the next part or not. I must say, the soundtrack is good. I love the song.


Love is a funny thing. When you think time and event will change a person, you suddenly realize that they will never change, no matter what happened. Egos aside. It just a matter of personal preference. Differences in opinion on what is important, what is want and what is need. But love will always be in my mind... no matter how hard I tried to push it aside. I do things that people misinterpret but it's for people to judge. I am who I am... you want me to accept you as who you are, accept me as what I am. Don't try to change me since you don't even bother to change. If you think you're right, by all means, go ahead. Allah s.w.t gave me brains to think, so if I think I'm right, who are you to say that I'm wrong. Allah s.w.t made each and every individual different. It's on us to find common ground, make the differences complement each other. That's where the famous saying by Jerry Maguire goes.... YOU COMPLETE ME.


And so the story goes... I'll be here waiting the right time to be completed as I still have unfinished business to attend to. I'm searching a way for love to reunite even though people don't see or understand what I do. I don't care to explain either. Just take it at face value. Judge me however you want to judge me. Everyone is free of the own opinion. 



That's all for now.... till later!

No comments:

Post a Comment