Loss and Gain...

Today, 05/11/2011... shamelessly admitting I weigh 77.1kg. A little less then the last I weighed 78.2 kg. My height is only 156, so you can imagine how fat I am. YES, I'M FAT. Based on BMI, I'm obese. my last lowest weight was 43kg in 1997. That was when I joined Malaysia Airlines as a Flight Stewardess.

In my 5 years as a crew, I gained so much weight from eating aircraft food and instant noodles. I ended my career as stewardess at 54 kg. The figure was further added to when I did not lose even 1kg from the weight I had carrying my daughter at 9months. Since then, my weight yo-yoed from numerous diet scheme, being vegetarian, drinking horrible tasting  tea and such. Nothing lasts.

Remember one of my new year resolution? One of them was reducing weight and exercise. Almost a year gone, the year is coming to end but I have done nothing about my weight. Other then the trip to Broga last September, I had zero exercise. A friend asked me out one day, and knowing he is quite an athlete, I suggested that we go for a jog, even bought new shoes for it. The outing was cancelled and the shoes stays in its box, in its plastic bag with the receipt still there.

I know I have to do something about it. So I've enrolled myself to a boot camp.Thinking I need the kick on my butt. Its called Original Bootcamp (http://bootcamp.com.my/). It'll start on 28th November 2011 for 4 weeks, 3 days a week.



I can't wait to start. Prior to the programme, I've started on assisted dieting courtesy of my mom. I hope this is the beginning of a new me. Facing year 2012 with a total new look. It is not so much about looking good, it's about staying healthy. This is a kick start to it.

On the other note, I went out with B today. After so many months not seeing him, weeks not hearing from him. He look happier from the last time I met him, getting a new job so close to home with better pay and human working hours. Traffic was bad on our way to Shah Alam going to his friend's house collecting my Cheese Tarts but we happily chatted, catching up on news, joking about meeting future mother in law when sending the tarts over to my mom's house.

I actually didn't know that he was facing some problems with the friend's brother. About a loan he had given not paid. Only when we arrived he told me about it. We went for supper first at a nearby mamak shop and called the friend to join us. After asking her about the situation, he left both of us and went to my friend's house. About 10 minutes after that, we followed.

Upon arriving, we found that they were having a heated argument. Or I can say, the brother was yelling but B...I have not seen anyone as controlled as B. He remained calm throughout the raving but was holding a scissor in his hand, trembling as he was trying very hard to control himself. I tried taking it from him but failed. I was really relieved when at last he put it aside and walked away from the house. Listening to the argument, sitting there with the friend, I derived to a conclusion that B was indeed on the wrong side. But the solution is as simple as the brother going to the bank personally and getting back the bounced cheque. However, the brother shouldn't be yelling and calling names. Come on, B had went out of his way to help the guy when help was needed. At least show him some courtesy.

We left the house and along the way be kept quiet. I tried to cheer him up, talking about other things. To my surprised, tears was running on his cheeks. When I asked him whether he was worried about the money as he needed it for his work he told me, the money he can find, but he lost a very dear friend. They have been friends for very very long time but she could just sat there and did not say anything or stop her brother from yelling. I found out later that she had also concurred with the brother but refrain from saying anything to B.

Then we turned away from the subject and talk about Raya Haji, about my dad's upcoming big family reunion. I managed to make him laugh a bit but before long, tears started falling again. All because I said something about his siblings. Being the youngest of nine, he felt left out by the siblings after both his parents passed away. No one even called him to ask what is his plans for raya or inviting him to the house. I felt like kicking myself right there and then.

All in all, we ended our so called date with him apologising profusely about not able to spend more time with me. That he was happy just being able to talk to me then. When I look at him, I saw a rough spoken person with a brutal outlook but with a very soft heart. Kinda like a pitbull with chocolate dipped strawberries as his heart. And for that, I felt very sorry for him. We said our goodbyes and parted ways with unspoken words of understanding. That's our base of this unnamed relationship... Trust and understanding. I just wish him all the happiness in the world. Even if it's not with me.



Stay the same B. You are amazing just the way you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment