March is here!!!

3rd month in the year... What have I achieved so far?

1) I love my new job, new workplace and new friends.

Being a Secretary is something I enjoy very much. Most people would ask, why not being a BOSS instead? I've tried being a boss before. And failed miserably. I'm a creature of discipline but I can never discipline myself. I prefer to have guidelines to follow and my most important guideline will be the one set by Allah s.w.t.

My new workplace is dubbed as an old folks home. It's a law firm where no one willingly or forcibly resigns. You can work as long as you want. There is no retirement age. Those who resigns are people who wanted a career change or higher pay. And mostly those who did resign are young people who feels out of place in a snail paced environment. The building I work in offers prayer rooms and also daily talks during lunch time which I enjoy attending since day 1.

My new friends consists of both young and experienced people from different walks of life. Although there were some initial confusions on my status but all have been ironed out and I managed to keep the relationship cordial & work-related.

2) Getting better in scootering.

Reflecting back on my first post about Pinky, how scared and nervous I was then. Now I feel more comfortable and a little braver. Going 60-70 kmh mostly but still wobbly when it comes to sneaking in and out traffic. With headphones on, I'd keep to my left and enjoy Surah Yassin while commuting to & fro from work. I've even started having a pillion rider but only for short distances.

3) Reshuffling finances.

Getting my first full pay on the dot after 1 1/2 years is a blessing. This time, I will follow the steps taken by those in the Astro TV series (I forgot the name of the series) where this planner comes into the house, takes a look inside and outside the house, take a look at the participants expenses, gave them challenges and reward them USD5000 if they passed. No doubt no one will be giving me USD5000 if I passed, but I look forward to a better way of managing my finances. 1st step... CUT THE CREDIT CARD!

Now... If only I can write my assignments as well as I write my blog... Tsk... tsk... tsk!

Ciou!

No comments:

Post a Comment