Movie Time!!!

Me & FK2 have been meaning to see "We bought a zoo" but when we went to our usual cinema, the show was over for the day. As we were about to walk back, FK2 saw the trailer for Satu Malam Kubur Berasap and wanted to see the movie. Honestly, I don't fancy comedy genre so much especially those that are supposed to be horror movies. But FK2 almost always get what she wants. Even with all the bribery of going to the arcade, getting ice cream & marshmallows, she still wanted to see the movie. And so we went.

Armed with popcorn, milo & sweetcorn, we got in our seats and settled in. Once all the advertisements were over, a movie entitled The Darkest Hour began. I was like Huh?? Started looking around, checking our tickets. Seeing everyone else was doing the same thing. Some people walk out to find the staff in-charge. Obviously they had played the wrong movie as everyone had the same tickets. 

When finally the correct movie was played, I just relaxed, munching on popcorns as I was very sure that the horror part will not be horrifying at all. True to my words, not horrifying but quite shocking at times. And unfortunately for me, there was this one time, I wasn't paying much attention to the movie, when suddenly a shadow passed by out of nowhere. I almost jumped out of my skin and some of the popcorn in my hand jumped out of its barrel on to my head and the audience behind me laughed. FK2 doubled over with laughter when I told her I won't hold the popcorn anymore.

The storyline was lame. Three friends, Atan, Bun and Pie combined with Mie, who had some problems with his car, were approached by Siti, who was trying to get their help in revenging her death.However, the 1st part of the move was unrelated at all to this incident. It was focusing more on each individual's experience with ghosts. Nevertheless, I applaud the effort. Should this was a serious horror movie, the ghosts are believable. But the antics of this 4 friends did not escape FK2 as she laughed out 80% of the time. As usual, I had to listen to her never ending review the whole journey back home. I was glad she enjoyed it.


Anyway, I still wanted her to watch "We bought a zoo". Still fresh from her last visit to the zoo, I'm sure she would enjoy the movie. Booked seats for Saturday. Looking forward to watch it. Let you know my reviews for the movie afterwards. 

Ciou!

No comments:

Post a Comment