Movie Time!!!

It has been a while since our last movie outing so today I had planned for quality time with my daughter after work. We spend the morning debating which movie to go and watch. She insisted on The Smurf while I would like to see Pierre Andre's new work Al Hijab. 

When we went to the studio, we found out that the technician has no keys so we couldn't get in. After waiting a while, not knowing how long will the waiting time be, I decided for us to go lunch & movies in KLCC, then only come back to work. After all, my daughter has been pestering me to take her to the KLCC bridge. Maybe this is the time. Unfortunately, the bridge was closed for renovations till December 2011.

Went there, looked at the screening schedule, we decided to go for both movies. Back to back. And the Moviemania offer that they have in TGV made it much cheaper. 6 tickets for RM50, that's RM8.33 a piece. The balance of 2 tickets can be redeemed anytime, any movie, any day. I was thinking I can use it for Breaking Dawn in November. We had McD lunch, bought a dinosaur book for my daughter at Kinokuniya (she seems to be so interested with dinos lately) then settle in for our movie marathon.

First we watched Al Hijab. PG 13 movie. A girl sitting beside my daughter was asking her if she is not afraid. My daughter just looked at me with Puss in Boots eyes. The story is about Rafael (Pierre Andre) who is an actor and he doesn't believe in ghosts. He was offered a lead role in a horror movie, excited to carry it but couldn't get the feel for it due to his beliefs. He went to several so called haunted places but did not experience anything. His girlfriend Qiss (Fathia) told her mother about Rafael's plight and the mother explains to him what hijab is. Saying that he would be able to see ghosts if his hijab is opened. He did some research in the internet but did not find much about hijab. He then received an sms asking to come to an old lady's house who apparently would be able to open his hijab for a short period of time. When asked permission to close the hijab back, Rafael refused and told the old lady that he will come back the next morning to close it. She reminded him that she will be the only once who can close it for him as she was holding the key.

For me, the movie was rather slow. Even though the effects seem realistic, I did not get the sense of eeriness like when I watch Ju-On. Just thinking of Ju-On,sent shivers to my spine till today. However, a light moment which made everyone in the theater rolling with laughter is when Rafael's car broke down and he hitched on a truck driven by Bell Ngasari and another person (new actor?) who was acting as Bell's Indonesian employee with Munir (Phyne Ballerz) sleeping between them. My daughter couldn't stop laughing until the next ghost scene.

Then we went on to watch The Smurf. Needless to say, I've watched Smurf as cartoon since I was a little girl. It was nice to see it in movie version. In this movie, the Smurfs were getting ready for Blue Moon Festival when Papa Smurf sees a vision of Smurfs in cages, Clumsy Smurf holding a dragon wand and Gargamel being powerful. While fleeing from Gargamel, after accidently leading him into the village, Clumsy Smurf runs to a forbidden cave. Followed by Papa Smuf, Smurfette, Grouchy, Brainy and Gutsy, they were sucked by a gigantic vortex and ended up in New York City as the vortex closes. But not before sucking in Gargamel and his cat as well. Adventures while trying to find a way to get home, the Smurfs befriended Patrick and Grace and their dog Elway. Fights and trying to escape from Gargamel led to the capture of Papa Smurf. Wanting to use the Smurfs essence to make him stronger, towards the end fails as he always have. It's nice to see them so realistic. Perhaps we will see more of them in the future.

Straight to studio after the movies. Luckily my session was not that long as my daughter had fallen asleep at the sofa. Long day for her as she had Kem Bina Solat in the morning at her school. Anyway, she had fun and looked forward for another Ayun's day as she calls it, a day where my whole attention will be devoted only for her. I enjoyed it very much as well as it's a day for the child in me as well. 

Till next session... 


No comments:

Post a Comment