A breather...

Hello you... welcome back to this blog. I know its been a while since the last entry, some of you followers might be wondering why.

Well, work caught up with me. Upon receiving the new schedule, I saw that the series I was working on no longer in it for the whole month. In the same month, its translation work was taken away and then this. No VO. Hmmm... Luckily I still have the other VO job. However, I still panicked.

After I've approached and committed 2 episodes a week to the other company, my fickle-minded so called boss called me. She started yapping away about me went above her by approaching the other company for work. Nowadays, I learn to keep my mouth shut whenever she starts to grumble. Then almost 15 minutes of non stop yapping, she finally asked be to come to the office to collect materials needed for the work. Dateline for each of them is one after another. Some two in the same day.

Moreover, I need to catch up with my studies. Almost 2 weeks gone since the last class and I haven't touched any of the books nor have I started on my assignment. My earlier resolution for this semester went down the drain. I couldn't spare the 2 hours for studying a day as promised.

The only break I had last week was going to watch a play written by my elder brother at KLPac last Saturday. A 10-minute play, titled "I'm not Julia Roberts", a part of Short + Sweet Malaysia 2011. Nicely written play about problems in letting go of the past. Went there with my sister and we enjoyed the whole show immensely. Credit also goes to 2 other plays which caught my attention namely Because The World Needs Unicorns and Who Moved My Doughnut? I hope they get to go on the finals because they are really good. Memorable characters in these two plays are the Unicorn and Doughnut.

So now I have to reschedule my life again. Holidays are coming and I need to do some catching up in my studies as there will be a class this weekend and get myself ahead in work. Other stuff will have to wait. But priority still commands my time. And tonight the priority is my daughter's upcoming performance on Children's Day celebration at her school this Friday. Her teacher had decided that all girls will be wearing purple dresses. Mind you, my daughter is not the dress wearing type so I had to scout over a few places trying to find a purple dress. And as I thought, it was not easy to find a long purple dress her size. So I decided to make one by using an adult long skirt, beaded bra strap, a short cardigan and beaded necklace. I still have to find a purple colored tudung for her. Lucky for me, she is happy with the dress and excited about the upcoming performance. And I wouldn't miss it for anything in the world.

That's it for tonight. Till we meet again. Adios amigos!




No comments:

Post a Comment